Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And So I Begin ...

In the past, I have passed notes back and forth in my Second Life group -- MarillaAnne's Network of Friends. Frankly, notecards are not a very effective mode of communication.

So I have begun a blog. It will be about whatever my friends want me to talk about. And it will be a place where I can brag about them. Hopefully the bragging will bring them joy and business (if they want it).

I wanted to do one whole week's worth of bragging in one post. But every time I ask a question of one of my friends, or I start to write about just one event, ... there is too much for one post.

I'm beginning by saying thank you to several established residents of Second Life. The words of advice and encouragement that I have received from them has been invaluable in both Second Life and Real Life. They have helped me with everything from business to drama.

I strongly encourage people new to Second Life to gather friends and advisers who are in circles you do not usually hang out in and "older" friends who are involved in a variety of activities. Aside from the fact that they are usually brilliant, they will add unexpected spice to your Second Life just when you need it most.

No comments: